When you leave, as for you, your dog needs a first aid kit. It alows you to cure your pet in case of injuries, to prevent bigger troubles or if you can’t take him immediately to his vet. It can be more or less full, but there are some unavoidable:
- The Health Booklet, with vaccines up-to-date
- Numbers of vet clinic near your destination, 24/7 emergency department and a poison control center.
- Latex gloves for a better hygiene
- It is better to avoid cotton which can leave residues in the wound.
- Antiseptic to disinfect wound
- Adhesive bandages
- Survival blanket
- Activated charcoal. To be mixed with water if your dog has absorbed a toxic substance.
- Tweezers for removing foreign matter
- A muzzle. Even if he is nice, in case of severe pain, your pet could bite.
All these objects help to treat your dog in case of minor injuries or slight inconveniences. They can be store in a simple kit, or whatever you like, but don’t forget to separate them from your own medications to avoid confusion. You can indicate in each drug what it looks after. You can even find kits on the Internet. If your travel companion is really sick, injured or you have any doubt, don’t hesitate to consult a specialist.